For a better maid-mistress relationsip
Maid-Mistress relationship!! Huhh.... BP really goes high. A very important relationship at least in India, more than husband-wife relationship. All the mental health of the family typically depends on how really this maid-mistress relationship is working!!!!
If one carefully reads out "MAID" it has AID in its spelling. If thought carefully dosen't maid really serve as a mental-aid for her Mistress by taking care of small but important day-today activities like sweeping, dusting, mopping, washing, etc.? Since these activities are carried out daily by the maid, her mistress finds their importance only when the maid is absent.
Now comes the word "MISTRESS". The small word that dominates the overall word is STRESS. Mistress a stressful human being who really loses her mental balance in absence of maid or when maid refuses to work accordingly.
So, how really one should work for bettering maid-mistress relationship?
I think, both maid and mistress should behave tactfully with each other making sure nobody takes advantage. Relationship should be appropriate - not too friendly not too distance. Right at the beginning, both should make things very clear to each other like - timing, kind of work, salary, holidays, etc. Thus both should clearly point out expectations from each other. Both should give time to adjust with each other.
Also, in my opinion mistress should take a little more effort for bettering the relationship. Instead of looking at the relationship as servant-master relationship, it should be seen as maid-mistress relationship. Try and appreciate the good work done at regular intervals genuinely as these are the people who get the least appreciation.
Last but not the least, a final caution to the mistress - make yourself mentally tough to start learning how to recover from shocks - as it really helps when the maid finally leaves after all your efforts.
See Dr. Ali Khwaja's thoughts on Nurture Your Relationships
Related Thoughts on Relationships
Nurture Your Close Relationships
Keeping A Relationship
Giving Up On A Relatonship
See Report on
Understanding and Building Relationships
Authors Of Shared Thoughts
Jobs Available, Work Opportunities for Counsellors
Free Booklets for Downloading
- Free Download-Booklet: Emotional Honesty
- Free Download-Booklet: Discover the child in you: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Booklet: Understanding and Overcoming Depression: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Booklet: Understanding and Changing Attitude: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, March 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, February 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How you can build confidence in self, others, children: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, January 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Become Assertive-Tips and Techniques
- Free Download-Booklet: You too can reach out - a handbook of counselling skills
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Nurture, Rebuild Your Relationships - Practical Tips
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, December 2016 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Downloads-Booklets
- Free Downloads-EMagazines
"Taking Actions to Enhance Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja advises If we need to enhance our self-esteem we should quit stalling and take actionsRead more...
"Parental Attitude and Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja says parental attitude plays a significant role in building or destroying a child's self-esteemRead more...
"Pride in Your Work Enhances Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja says take pride in your work no matter what it isRead more...
Free Audio Files for Downloading
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio Talk, Podcast: Work-Life Balance for Better Relationships, a Happy Life by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Women Midlife Crisis by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Why We Should Help Strangers by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Special Banjara Academy Events
Banjara Academy Presents Experiential Counselling Workshop - from 6 to 8 April 2017 at Banjara Academy, RT Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Banjara Academy's Helping Hand Annual Day Celebrations Held on 10 December 2016 at Banjara Academy's Manthan Retreat, Yelahanka, BengaluruRead more...
'Providing Sex Education at Home' - Workshop for Parents, Teachers, Counsellors on 12 November 2016 at Banjara Academy, R T Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Except where otherwise noted, the Content of the Website of Banjara Academy - the text, the audios, the videos, the images - contributed by Dr Ali Khwaja and his team of volunteers at Banjara Academy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.