Vasantha Sanath - "After studying to become a software engineer, I realized that learning about and (trying to!) understand the complex rational and irrational processes of the human psyche is far more interesting and intriguing than condemning myself to a life of writing the just dry, logical code that computer chips understand.
So I veered off into a rather offbeat track and completed the Diploma in Counselling Skills (DCS) and the Certificate in Life Skills (CLS) courses from Banjara Academy. Travelling on this not so well-laid and not that well-trodden road of figuring out myself and others around me, I now find life to be much more meaningful, fulfilling and enriching in every way. But like a student who has done a bachelor's or master's course, can I declare that I've finished learning something? No, I always feel that there is so much more out there for me to explore and understand in the field of human behaviour. So, am trundling on, having happily sentenced myself to lifelong learning. From being an amateur “agony aunt” to my friends and now a certified counsellor, I can befriend anyone I meet and often find myself sitting down and listening to the life-stories of complete strangers. If I can make even a miniscule positive difference in peoples’ lives, the feeling of satisfaction I get from it is priceless! Love music, reading, animals, writing, desserts and painting - in that order!"
Vasantha Sanath is also one of the Page Admins of Banjara Academy's Facebook page. She is an enthusiatic volunteer in quite a few activities of Banjara Academy. She has contributed an article 'Chitthee aayi hai - the almost lost art of letter-writing' to this website.
Jobs Available, Work Opportunities for Counsellors
Free Booklets for Downloading
- Free Download-Booklet: Emotional Honesty
- Free Download-Booklet: Discover the child in you: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Booklet: Understanding and Overcoming Depression: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Booklet: Understanding and Changing Attitude: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, March 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, February 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How you can build confidence in self, others, children: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, January 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Become Assertive-Tips and Techniques
- Free Download-Booklet: You too can reach out - a handbook of counselling skills
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Nurture, Rebuild Your Relationships - Practical Tips
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, December 2016 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Downloads-Booklets
- Free Downloads-EMagazines
"Taking Actions to Enhance Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja advises If we need to enhance our self-esteem we should quit stalling and take actionsRead more...
"Parental Attitude and Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja says parental attitude plays a significant role in building or destroying a child's self-esteemRead more...
"Pride in Your Work Enhances Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja says take pride in your work no matter what it isRead more...
Free Audio Files for Downloading
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio Talk, Podcast: Work-Life Balance for Better Relationships, a Happy Life by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Women Midlife Crisis by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Why We Should Help Strangers by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Special Banjara Academy Events
Banjara Academy Presents Experiential Counselling Workshop - from 6 to 8 April 2017 at Banjara Academy, RT Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Banjara Academy's Helping Hand Annual Day Celebrations Held on 10 December 2016 at Banjara Academy's Manthan Retreat, Yelahanka, BengaluruRead more...
'Providing Sex Education at Home' - Workshop for Parents, Teachers, Counsellors on 12 November 2016 at Banjara Academy, R T Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Except where otherwise noted, the Content of the Website of Banjara Academy - the text, the audios, the videos, the images - contributed by Dr Ali Khwaja and his team of volunteers at Banjara Academy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.