Special Banjara Events
Get-together at Banjara Academy - 13 October 2015
Banjara Academy hosted the heads of various NGOs and institutions that are doing selfless service in their respective fields and where our Diploma in Counselling Skills (DCS) course students visit for orientation and for internship work.
The programme on 13 Oct 2015 had more than 40 persons attending, including representatives and Heads from Advant-age Old Age Home, Sumangali Seva Ashram, NIMHANS, SOCARE, Cauvery School, Parents Association of Persons with Cerebral Palsy, Association of People with Disability (APD), Divya Downs Syndrome Trust, Kidwai Hospital for Cancer, Mallige Hospital, Nightingales Elders Enrichment Trust, etc.
- Teachers Day, 5 September 2015 - celebration by counsellors, students, alumni of counselling skills course at Banjara Academy, Bengaluru
- Banjara Day, 18 October 2014 - A brief report by Prabhakar Jadhav, student, Diploma in Counselling Skills Course, DCS-2015
- Children's Day, 14 November 2013 - celebration with special children along with volunteers of Banjara Academy, Bengaluru
- Convocation Report, 8 June 2013, by Iffat Agboatwala A., Student of 2013 batch of Diploma in Counselling Skills course, Banjara Academy, Bengaluru
Page 1 of 20«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»
FREE Online Psychological Counselling by Banjara Academy for anyone, anywhere in the world
- Are you stressed about your child?
- Is your marriage in trouble?
- Are you stressed about your education?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by anxiety and fear?
Just mail your counsellor now, sharing your problems, your worries, your anxieties, your fears. Your counsellor will reply to you, and be there for you until you need her to help you cope and get going.
Leading Banjara Academy's online email counselling team of volunteer-counsellors, I realize it is not an easy task reaching out to a person one has never met, never seen, without the added advantage of gestures, eye contact, a gentle reassuring touch, tone of voice and yet providing empathy, positive strokes, making the person feel heard and understood.
With the aid of only written words, it is quite a task building trust, making people open up and share and helping them cope and feel better. So when in many instances they write back saying thank you and that they feel so much better, the feeling one gets is priceless and incomparable - knowing one has done something right, something good!
Hats off to all the volunteeer-counsellors of Banjara Academy who have been carrying on this work silently, anonymously for the last couple of years. Truly commendable! - Ali Khwaja
Except where otherwise noted, the Content of the Website of Banjara Academy - the text, the audios, the videos, the images - contributed by Dr Ali Khwaja and his team of volunteers at Banjara Academy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.