Banjara Academy Events May-2010
- Life Skills for B.Ed. students of Sarvagna Teachers Training College, at the serene Scouts and Guides campus in Dodballapur.
- Talk on "Can Attitude be Changed?"
Talk on "Add life to your Years" to veteran senior Indian Forest Service Officers Association.
- "Your Role as a Woman" to the Ladies Wing of Bengali Assocation.
- "Patience with Patients" to nurses of MS Ramiah Hospitals on the occasion of the birthday of Florence Nightingale.
- Workshops on "Charting Careers" separately for 1st and 2nd year PUC students of Presidency College, including sessions for parents.
- "Parenting of Small Children" to three different groups of parents of Eurokids.
- Workshop on "understanding students" for teachers of Jain Heritage School.
- Extensive workshops for teachers, parents and students of PSSB (Bapuji) School at Davangere.
- Teachers Orientation workshops for primary and high school teachers of Mary Immaculate School, Cathedral PU College, Cluny Convent.
- "Charting Careers", a workshop under the auspicies of Jignaasa Trust, for 10th and PUC students, and another one for 2nd PUC students of Cathedral College.
- "Preparing for the Future", parallel and combined workshop for parents and students of 10th standard of School Vivekananda.
- "Careers Beyond CET" for over a thousand aspirants and their parents at Palace Grounds, organized by Deccan Herald.
- Talk in Hindi on "Jhagadne waala parivar, sukhi parivar" on All India Radio.
- "Make Technology your slave, not your Master", free public talk in Indian Institute of World Culture.
- Workshop on "Disability and Relationships" for members of Retina India Trust.
FREE Online Psychological Counselling by Banjara Academy for anyone, anywhere in the world
- Are you stressed about your child?
- Is your marriage in trouble?
- Are you stressed about your education?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by anxiety and fear?
Just mail your counsellor now, sharing your problems, your worries, your anxieties, your fears. Your counsellor will reply to you, and be there for you until you need her to help you cope and get going.
Leading Banjara Academy's online email counselling team of volunteer-counsellors, I realize it is not an easy task reaching out to a person one has never met, never seen, without the added advantage of gestures, eye contact, a gentle reassuring touch, tone of voice and yet providing empathy, positive strokes, making the person feel heard and understood.
With the aid of only written words, it is quite a task building trust, making people open up and share and helping them cope and feel better. So when in many instances they write back saying thank you and that they feel so much better, the feeling one gets is priceless and incomparable - knowing one has done something right, something good!
Hats off to all the volunteeer-counsellors of Banjara Academy who have been carrying on this work silently, anonymously for the last couple of years. Truly commendable! - Ali Khwaja