Jaagruthi Counsellors Forum
How Do You Feel As A Counsellor?
---Associating with children in their confidence building stage to help them learning life skill was satisfying. As a counselor have grown a lot. Tendency of being judgmental came down. At times conflict arises between you the home maker and you the counselor, however the ability to deal with it improved and so the personal life within and outside home.
---Became more accepting by being more aware of the science of counseling like positive strokes, saying thank you and sorry. Problem solving ability improved. Started counting own blessings and feeling is satisfying and peaceful.
---The counseling activity started prior to formal exposure to counseling techniques. However, the learning of counseling techniques improved my interaction with the counselee giving a feeling of goodness in self.
---The professional exposure to counseling fine-tuned and polished counseling ability. Lot of mental blocks cleared. Now nothing affects and I am able to leave and remain detached. Being a counselor gives lot of strength.
---Feel more insensitive as emotional attachment reduced. Feel confused when the person and profession conflicts. Feel better by being withdrawn when expressions of being judgmental and fight of who is right and blanking what is right grows nearby. Feel conflicting remarks just as personal opinion and not a verdict. The connect with situation and counselee are not carried beyond session.
---Not in a position to accept family members as they are. A family counselor is expected to have ultimate resilience like being a rubber band. Though have been able to tackle emotional problems of outside students the recognition within family is not there. It is necessary that as a counselor one should empower self and wakeup to identify self-need and want.
---Others comment for being calm and composed. Now the anger does not have bad ends. Keep remembering the skills of counseling. Feel more grounded and enjoying being to herself.
---Able to connect “Me to me”, “Me to others”, “Others to me”. Not asking curious questions were challenging but have learnt not to blame others. Being able to listen to others was the greatest learning.
---Counseling taught to be a better teacher and a human being, a better listener. It led to more of detachment, more of isolation.
---Feels good about it. Working as a counselor for children helped being a good parent. Listening improved a lot. Now can relate to a person and feel good about it.
---Helped me for better introspection and understanding own emotions and its source. Helped self-awareness, learning for not taking sides and giving into own securities.
---Counseling empowered me to deal with my own adversaries. Interaction with the people as a counselor helped handling grieve.
Page 1 of 17«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»
FREE Online Psychological Counselling by Banjara Academy for anyone, anywhere in the world
- Are you stressed about your child?
- Is your marriage in trouble?
- Are you stressed about your education?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by anxiety and fear?
Just mail your counsellor now, sharing your problems, your worries, your anxieties, your fears. Your counsellor will reply to you, and be there for you until you need her to help you cope and get going.
Leading Banjara Academy's online email counselling team of volunteer-counsellors, I realize it is not an easy task reaching out to a person one has never met, never seen, without the added advantage of gestures, eye contact, a gentle reassuring touch, tone of voice and yet providing empathy, positive strokes, making the person feel heard and understood.
With the aid of only written words, it is quite a task building trust, making people open up and share and helping them cope and feel better. So when in many instances they write back saying thank you and that they feel so much better, the feeling one gets is priceless and incomparable - knowing one has done something right, something good!
Hats off to all the volunteeer-counsellors of Banjara Academy who have been carrying on this work silently, anonymously for the last couple of years. Truly commendable! - Ali Khwaja
Jobs Available, Work Opportunities for Counsellors
Free Booklets for Downloading
- Free Download Booklet: Twenty First Century Housewife
- Free Download Booklet: Forgiveness
- Free Download-Booklet: Emotional Honesty
- Free Download-Booklet: Discover the child in you: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Booklet: Understanding and Overcoming Depression: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Booklet: Understanding and Changing Attitude: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, March 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, February 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How you can build confidence in self, others, children: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, January 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Become Assertive-Tips and Techniques
- Free Download-Booklet: You too can reach out - a handbook of counselling skills
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Nurture, Rebuild Your Relationships - Practical Tips
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, December 2016 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Downloads-Booklets
- Free Downloads-EMagazines
"Taking Actions to Enhance Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja advises If we need to enhance our self-esteem we should quit stalling and take actionsRead more...
"Parental Attitude and Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja says parental attitude plays a significant role in building or destroying a child's self-esteemRead more...
"Pride in Your Work Enhances Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja says take pride in your work no matter what it isRead more...
Free Audio Files for Downloading
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio Talk, Podcast: Work-Life Balance for Better Relationships, a Happy Life by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Women Midlife Crisis by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Why We Should Help Strangers by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Special Banjara Academy Events
Banjara Academy Presents Experiential Counselling Workshop - from 6 to 8 April 2017 at Banjara Academy, RT Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Banjara Academy's Helping Hand Annual Day Celebrations Held on 10 December 2016 at Banjara Academy's Manthan Retreat, Yelahanka, BengaluruRead more...
'Providing Sex Education at Home' - Workshop for Parents, Teachers, Counsellors on 12 November 2016 at Banjara Academy, R T Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Except where otherwise noted, the Content of the Website of Banjara Academy - the text, the audios, the videos, the images - contributed by Dr Ali Khwaja and his team of volunteers at Banjara Academy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.