Ignore The Media To Enjoy Life
Everyone panicked. People predicted doomsday and lost hope. Slowly we have stopped talking about it – because now we are talking Swine Flu, Terrorist Attacks, murders of lonely old people.
We live in a world full of media hype. And we get influenced so easily. Just wait for a few days and the media will bombard us with some other sensational news and we will start worrying all over again.
If you wish to inoculate yourself against these repeated attacks, try out the following three medications:
1. Make it a point every day, to speak a kind word and smile at someone new.
2. Pick up a good book and make friends with it.
3. Plant a sapling (it is the right time of the year too), even if it is in a pot in your balcony, and nurture it every day.
These three actions will teach you serenity, patience, delayed gratification, awe of nature, unconditional love. And no Tsunami will take away the joy of life from you.Related Thoughts on Media
What have We Done?
A New Newspaper
Afraid Of News
Free Online Counselling
FREE Online Psychological Counselling by Banjara Academy for anyone, anywhere in the world
- Are you stressed about your child?
- Is your marriage in trouble?
- Are you stressed about your education?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by anxiety and fear?
Just mail your counsellor now, sharing your problems, your worries, your anxieties, your fears. Your counsellor will reply to you, and be there for you until you need her to help you cope and get going.