Certification in Student Counselling (CSC) – Online School Counselling Course Overview
14 July 14 BATCH Admissions Just CLOSED. Please await announcement of next batch (last wk Aug/1st wk Sep).
Qualifying you as a “Certified Student Counsellor”, this course helps you work in a school or college as a counsellor, providing counselling services. The course is open to all but admissions are subject to an interview.
Call Sreedhar, 09901625390, for any info.
- An interactive, practical, short-term (3-5 months only) online course in student (school) counselling from Banjara Academy, Bangalore, India. Learn child psychology. Helps you in understanding children, understanding adolescents. Trains you in providing counselling services for children (students) in schools and colleges.
- Structured especially for those who wish to learn the practical skills of counselling children, especially students in schools (and their parents). Dealing with child psychology and the behaviour of children, the course can also help in better parenting and be useful for those who would like to be better parents.
- For teachers working in schools, a useful additional qualification in student counselling (school counselling) can enhance their career prospects.
- The Certification in Student Counselling (CSC) Course will also make teachers better at teaching and helping students learn.
In this inspiring YouTube video, Dr Ali Khwaja talks to you about the critical importance of counselling children in schools. You can read the transcript of his talk here.
The Certification in Student Counselling (CSC) Online Course is:
- based on over 3 decades of experience in school counselling,
- designed by experts, educationists and child psychologists,
- fulfills the requirements of various education boards in India and globally.
Course Enrollment: Admissions CLOSED for NEW batch started 14 July 2014. Please await announcement of next batch, last week of August or first week of September this year.
Course Duration: Flexible, you can do it 3-5 months from the comfort of your home or at school.
Eligibility for Course: Anybody with a working knowledge of English, a desire to help and counsel school students.
Course Expenses: Rs. 12,303/-. (including 12.36% Service Tax)
Course Content: The online counselling course consists of 5 modules having 25 lessons in all, covering a wide range of topics dealing with counselling students. Check out the detailed contents of this online course below.
Course Evaluation: Evaluation is through 18 assignments and review of practical work done as specified. A Mentor is allotted to each student to guide him/her through this online counselling course.
Course Certificate: On successful completion of the online counselling course, you will be given the Certification in Student Counselling certificate by Banjara Academy, qualifying you as Certified Student Counsellor.
Contents of Online Student / School Counselling Course
- Educational Scenario Worldwide And In India
- Changing Role Of The Teacher
- Need For Counselling And Who Can Do It
- Understanding Emotions And Their Management
- Building And Strengthening Relationships
- Counselling And Mentoring In Schools
- Directive And Non-Directive Counselling
- Basics Of Counselling
- Stages Of Counselling Process
- Developing One’s Own Comfort Level, Congruence
- Skills Of Counselling
- Listening And Communication Skills
- Body Language
- Positive Strokes
- Understanding Today's Child, Single Child, Child With Single Parents
- Group Counselling
- Counselling Children, Play Therapy, Study Skills
- Sex Education For Children And Teenagers
- Counselling Special Children (Ld, Adhd)
- Understanding And Counseling Adolescents, Teenagers
- Counselling Parents
- Career Counselling
- Solved Cases Of Counselling
- Limitations, Balancing Roles As Teacher And Counsellor, Further Learning
How your decision to be a counsellor for students can lead you to a more enriched, fulfilling life!
The education scenario in the whole world has been changing very significantly - particularly at the turn of the 21st century, the concept has moved from teaching to learning.
they have to grow and they have to understand what is life,
understanding or developing life skills,
being able to mentor and counsel children,
how do we ensure that the child grows up with very good upbringing and total holistic upbringing?
counselling children within the school set up.”
There is a lot of counselling that takes place outside when the child has problems. He is taken to the psychologist, etc. but what we are concerned about is to see children get counselling which is more of preventive and facilitative counselling that can be done within the school set up itself.
- There is less stigma,
- the logistics is much more favorable,
- the teachers who are doing counselling are much more familiar with the child,
- and more acceptable to the child.
- without disturbing their regular routine,
- without disturbing whatever else they are doing,
- without adding too much of a burden to their day-to-day routine.
the feelings and the way a person behaves is the same,
what motivates the child remains the same and
interpersonal relationships remain the same.
What we aim to do through this programme is to ensure that the child who is going to school or college, getting the regular inputs, studying and putting in so many hours of efforts, is given this additional input.
I want to ensure the total upbringing of the child
I want to look at a child very holistically
I really want to appreciate, acknowledge and tell you my thanks for having put in this thought and becoming aware of the fact that you are going to go beyond that step. How you go about it is what this whole programme is all about.
- A journey which has no textbooks, no theory, nothing of that sort.
- A journey which will focus entirely on understanding the human child, the growing child, the adolescent
- and to ensure how we can give the child a level playing field - the proper motivation, the proper way in which the child can blossom to his full potential.
you feel a much more satisfied and fulfilled human being and
there will be a wonderful new generation of human beings who will be growing up
much more much more fulfilled and
much more at peace within themselves.
Counselling Mandatory In CBSE Schools
“Shiksha Kendra”, 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi
Circular No 08
All Heads of Institutions
Affiliated to the CBSE
Subject: Counselling in Schools
CBSE has been sending guidelines to its affiliated schools periodically about providing counselling services to students. ...Counselling Mandatory in CBSE Schools