Career Counselling (Career Guidance) through Aptitude Testing
Our Career Counselling (Career Guidance) through Aptitude Testing helps you match your talents and potentials with your interests and helps you choose appropriate careers from a wide range of choices suited to your abilities - whether you are a student wondering what course of study to pursue, whether you are working and thinking of changing your job or whether you are seeking voluntary retirement.
Do you know where you will be five years from now?
While competition is increasing, opportunities and variety of careers are also increasing rapidly. There is no such thing as an “ideal” career with the best “scope.” If you choose your courses of study and your career based on what you are good at, you will always be successful.
What is career?
It is not just a job. It is a way of life, and your achievements and happiness depend on it. Today, innumerable new avenues have opened up. Do not get into a course or a job just because everyone else is rushing for it.
How do you select your career?
Very often we are pushed into jobs and careers which are not suitable for us. To really be able to succeed, progress and enjoy our work, it is necessary that we should have interest in what we are doing, and also have an aptitude for it. Aptitude is the potential to develop the skills that are required in any particular field.
Each career has different aptitude requirements, and only by matching them scientifically we can be sure that we are heading in the right direction.
How our career counselling (career guidance) is done?
To help people find the right directions, time-proven and highly successful aptitude test and career counselling (career guidance) is done by Banjara Academy for students (who have completed 9th standard and above) as well as those wishing to change jobs or seek voluntary retirement. Each evaluation of the test is done personally by Dr. Ali Khwaja [B.Tech (IIT), MIE, PhD (Counselling)], eminent trainer, mentor. Dr Ali Khwaja is a regular career counselling columnist in the Deccan Herald newspaper of Bangalore. You can browse some of his career tips to students here.
Our written report will outline how good you are in your fields of interest, and all the possible careers you are likely to do well in. You will also get exhaustive information and guidance on how to reach your goals, with personal counselling.
All you need to do is spare about 2 to 3 hours in a relaxed mood (come between 10 am and 2 pm), and do a battery of written and verbal tests (nothing to do with textbooks).
Briefly our process of career counselling (career guidance) through aptitude testing involves the following steps:
- Undergoing the aptitude test on any working day between 10 am and 2:00 pm (it takes about three hours to do the battery of tests, no preparation or prior appointment is needed). Bulk tests can be conducted at the premises of institutions on prior arrangement.
- The candidate will be called back for individual career counselling after the evaluation (which will require some time as it has to be done individually). An exhaustive report will be given, including general comments on areas for improvement, list of suitable careers, and suitability for careers of the candidate’s choice. Parents will also be counselled if they so desire.
- Information will be provided on the avenues, openings, courses, and type of work in each of these careers.
- Subsequent follow up can be done if necessary after you take steps towards your goal. Future career counselling and consultation is free of cost.
Evaluation of test papers is done personally by Dr. Ali Khwaja, B. Tech (IIT), MIE, Ph.D - Trainer, Counsellor, Life Skills Coach, and Career Columnist.
FREE Online Psychological Counselling by Banjara Academy for anyone, anywhere in the world
- Are you stressed about your child?
- Is your marriage in trouble?
- Are you stressed about your education?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by anxiety and fear?
Just mail your counsellor now, sharing your problems, your worries, your anxieties, your fears. Your counsellor will reply to you, and be there for you until you need her to help you cope and get going.
Leading Banjara Academy's online email counselling team of volunteer-counsellors, I realize it is not an easy task reaching out to a person one has never met, never seen, without the added advantage of gestures, eye contact, a gentle reassuring touch, tone of voice and yet providing empathy, positive strokes, making the person feel heard and understood.
With the aid of only written words, it is quite a task building trust, making people open up and share and helping them cope and feel better. So when in many instances they write back saying thank you and that they feel so much better, the feeling one gets is priceless and incomparable - knowing one has done something right, something good!
Hats off to all the volunteeer-counsellors of Banjara Academy who have been carrying on this work silently, anonymously for the last couple of years. Truly commendable! - Ali Khwaja