Manthan - Churning of the Mind
A retreat with a difference
Within half an hour’s drive from the city, off a free highway and very easily accessible, is a resort where you can get away from the stresses of city life and rejuvenate your mind. It offers ethnic but very comfortable and all-inclusive facilities for you to stay, work, study, discuss and interact. You can go there with your group of colleagues, friends, students or any like-minded persons.
Manthan, a six-acre farm located in Yelahanka (outskirts of Bangalore), belonging to the Banjara Academy serves as the venue for the many activities of the Academy. Manthan is an ideal weekend getaway, and is also available for hire whenever the Academy is not using it for its activities.
Spread over 6 peaceful acres:
- 4 dormitories with 6 beds each and general toilets for ladies/gents
- 4 rooms with 2 beds each and attached toilets
(thus totaling to 32 beds, with provision for 12 extra beds
- A tent that can accommodate 4 persons
- A classroom with to seat 50 persons
- A committee room for 12 persons
- An partially-covered open auditorium which can seat 80 persons on cement seats
- A dining hall for 50 persons
- A fully functional kitchen
- A jogging track, a badminton court, campfire, open air seating, swing, play area, lawn
Generator, frig, Aquaguard, crockery and cutlery, general toilet, plenty of parking, mosquito mesh, solar water heating, concrete pathways connecting all buildings, completely fenced with live-in security personnel.
Opposite Delhi Public School, on fully tarred Bagalur road, behind Country Club (3 kms off NH7 to airport, 6 kms after Yelahanka)
This entire facility is available for only one group at a time, and can be booked for 24 hours at very reasonable charges much below commercial resorts(charges for food will be extra, if required) The Academy is a non-profit organization and whatever it earns goes in to the upkeep and development of the Academy. In the normal course we provide a simple bed, cotton mattress, bed-sheet, pillow and one blanket. Stone table, shelf for keeping luggage. Hot water is available through solar heating in common taps, and Aquaguard water at the dining hall.
Jobs Available, Work Opportunities for Counsellors
Free Booklets for Downloading
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, February 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How you can build confidence in self, others, children: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, January 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Become Assertive-Tips and Techniques
- Free Download-Booklet: You too can reach out - a handbook of counselling skills
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Nurture, Rebuild Your Relationships - Practical Tips
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, December 2016 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Downloads-Booklets
- Free Downloads-EMagazines
"How to Handle Criticism?" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja helps you to handle criticism in a healthy wayRead more...
"Self-Esteem Vs Self Confidence" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja helps us to understand the difference between these two termsRead more...
"Childhood Conditioning and Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja explains how self-esteem is conditioned in our childhoodRead more...
Free Audio Files for Downloading
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio Talk, Podcast: Work-Life Balance for Better Relationships, a Happy Life by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Women Midlife Crisis by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Why We Should Help Strangers by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Special Banjara Academy Events
Banjara Academy Presents Experiential Counselling Workshop - from 6 to 8 April 2017 at Banjara Academy, RT Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Banjara Academy's Helping Hand Annual Day Celebrations Held on 10 December 2016 at Banjara Academy's Manthan Retreat, Yelahanka, BengaluruRead more...
'Providing Sex Education at Home' - Workshop for Parents, Teachers, Counsellors on 12 November 2016 at Banjara Academy, R T Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Except where otherwise noted, the Content of the Website of Banjara Academy - the text, the audios, the videos, the images - contributed by Dr Ali Khwaja and his team of volunteers at Banjara Academy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.