The Banjara Academy operates from two centres in Bangalore - one at RT Nagar, and one at RV Road. The Academy has over 200 well-trained counsellors most of whom are volunteers. Any one seeking free counselling can do so by prior appointment. All effort will be made to ensure that each counsellee will be attached to the same counsellor throughout the entire period of the counselling.
The Banjara Academy has a fully-furnished spacious three-storeyed building in RT Nagar, Bangalore.
- A classroom on the first floor which can seat about 60 people, and a smaller garden classroom which can seat about 25 people.
- A lobby which would comfortably seat about 10 persons at one go.
- It has four counselling cabins, each of which provides the required privacy for the counselling sessions.
- Two benches on the portico which is a good place to unwind and de-stress yourself before and after a counselling sesssion.
- A play therapy, and a kids play center with a wide range of toys and interactive games are also available for children.
- The Academy realizes that technology should be actively used to assist its activities hence the administration is computerised.
- The Banjara Academy has a library with over 2000 titles. Books on a wide ranging topics are available for the perusal of all DCS students (current and former) with zero hiring charges.
- The Academy also has a collection center for old clothes, books and other donations for the needy.
FREE Online Psychological Counselling by Banjara Academy for anyone, anywhere in the world
- Are you stressed about your child?
- Is your marriage in trouble?
- Are you stressed about your education?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by anxiety and fear?
Just mail your counsellor now, sharing your problems, your worries, your anxieties, your fears. Your counsellor will reply to you, and be there for you until you need her to help you cope and get going.
Leading Banjara Academy's online email counselling team of volunteer-counsellors, I realize it is not an easy task reaching out to a person one has never met, never seen, without the added advantage of gestures, eye contact, a gentle reassuring touch, tone of voice and yet providing empathy, positive strokes, making the person feel heard and understood.
With the aid of only written words, it is quite a task building trust, making people open up and share and helping them cope and feel better. So when in many instances they write back saying thank you and that they feel so much better, the feeling one gets is priceless and incomparable - knowing one has done something right, something good!
Hats off to all the volunteeer-counsellors of Banjara Academy who have been carrying on this work silently, anonymously for the last couple of years. Truly commendable! - Sreedhar MA