The Banjara Academy operates from two centres in Bangalore - one at RT Nagar, and one at RV Road. The Academy has over 200 well-trained counsellors most of whom are volunteers. Any one seeking free counselling can do so by prior appointment. All effort will be made to ensure that each counsellee will be attached to the same counsellor throughout the entire period of the counselling.
The Banjara Academy has a fully-furnished spacious three-storeyed building in RT Nagar, Bangalore.
- A classroom on the first floor which can seat about 60 people, and a smaller garden classroom which can seat about 25 people.
- A lobby which would comfortably seat about 10 persons at one go.
- It has four counselling cabins, each of which provides the required privacy for the counselling sessions.
- Two benches on the portico which is a good place to unwind and de-stress yourself before and after a counselling sesssion.
- A play therapy, and a kids play center with a wide range of toys and interactive games are also available for children.
- The Academy realizes that technology should be actively used to assist its activities hence the administration is computerised.
- The Banjara Academy has a library with over 2000 titles. Books on a wide ranging topics are available for the perusal of all DCS students (current and former) with zero hiring charges.
- The Academy also has a collection center for old clothes, books and other donations for the needy.
Jobs Available, Work Opportunities for Counsellors
Free Booklets for Downloading
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, February 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How you can build confidence in self, others, children: Practical tips, exercises
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, January 2017 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Become Assertive-Tips and Techniques
- Free Download-Booklet: You too can reach out - a handbook of counselling skills
- Free Download-Booklet: How You Can Nurture, Rebuild Your Relationships - Practical Tips
- Free Download-Emagazine: Banjara Careers, December 2016 issue, for courses, careers, choices, selections - for students, parents, teachers
- Free Downloads-Booklets
- Free Downloads-EMagazines
"How to Handle Criticism?" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja helps you to handle criticism in a healthy wayRead more...
"Self-Esteem Vs Self Confidence" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja helps us to understand the difference between these two termsRead more...
"Childhood Conditioning and Self-Esteem" - Video talk by Dr Ali Khwaja explains how self-esteem is conditioned in our childhoodRead more...
Free Audio Files for Downloading
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio Talk, Podcast: Work-Life Balance for Better Relationships, a Happy Life by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Women Midlife Crisis by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Free Download-Public-Domain-Audio File: Why We Should Help Strangers by Dr Ali Khwaja, Author, Expert Counsellor, Life Coach, TrainerRead more...
Special Banjara Academy Events
Banjara Academy Presents Experiential Counselling Workshop - from 6 to 8 April 2017 at Banjara Academy, RT Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Banjara Academy's Helping Hand Annual Day Celebrations Held on 10 December 2016 at Banjara Academy's Manthan Retreat, Yelahanka, BengaluruRead more...
'Providing Sex Education at Home' - Workshop for Parents, Teachers, Counsellors on 12 November 2016 at Banjara Academy, R T Nagar, BengaluruRead more...
Except where otherwise noted, the Content of the Website of Banjara Academy - the text, the audios, the videos, the images - contributed by Dr Ali Khwaja and his team of volunteers at Banjara Academy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.